Tech Geek question: Everyday IoT: Your Favorites!

Subscribe to the forum to receive notifications about new posts.
Robu

The lucky winner of Tech Geek's third Question (Most Effective Sensor You Have Used?) is @Shraddha

The Fourth question for the Tech Geek competition is,

What are your favourite IoT devices that you use every day? How do they make your life easier or more fun?

We invite you to share your creative and insightful answers to this question. Feel free to include your experiences, images of the projects, component list, challenges, and unique insights if you've built your project.

Submit your answers by Tuesday, October 8th, 2024, by evening. One lucky winner will be randomly selected to receive 250 Robu Points! We’ll announce the winner the following week. Good luck!

Note: AI-generated answers are not allowed
Dipanshu

One of my favorite IOT device that i use everyday for fun and to improve my skill is ESP32, especially in my Micro Drone project. The ESP32 makes it easy to control the drone wirelessly over WiFi for which i built my own app using processing IDE to manage Roll, Pitch, Throttle and Yaw data, also make it able to tune PID values in real time without reuploading the code. Additionally i use MPU6050, 8520 motors, 55mm propellers, AO3400 mosfets, 1S 300Mah lipo battery and design my own PCB on which all components can be mount together along with motors and landing gears, also building my own drone firmware on arduino IDE, all of these are connected and controlled by ESP32 which makes flying the drone both fun and educational.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kumarsid

My Internet Radio

One IOT project that I made and use everyday is an internet radio that I made with an ESP8266.

It is a simple device that uses an ESP8266 to stream internet streaming links using a PAM 8403 amplifier module and a mini 2 watt speaker.
It also has a small OLED screen to show the information about the track that is playing.

The box is made by making a few holes in a project box. Here are a few images of the prototype and the finished project.

radio (2).png
radio (3).png
radio (1).png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kalpesh Borle

I love using smart lights and smart speakers every day!
Smart Lights, I can control them with my phone or voice. It’s super easy to turn them on or off, change colors, or even set them on a schedule. This makes my mornings more fun when I wake up to a bright, colorful room, and it helps me save energy by turning off lights when I forget, and then
smart Speaker, I use it to play music, get weather updates, and even set reminders. It’s like having a little helper at home, It makes life more fun and convenient because I can just talk to it and get things done.
These devices make my daily routine smoother and more enjoyable without much effort.
Angry@u

My favorite device is ESP32 Dev KIT which offers advanced features for network testing and hacking. The WiFi Beacon Spammer can make multiple access point, while the WiFi Deauther disconnects devices from networks. The Captive Portal redirects users to a custom landing page, ideal for penetrating any network The Evil Twin attack replicates target networks, and make a fake signal which are used by haickers. ESP32 can also detect nearby networks, displaying BSSID, channels, and signal strength. Wifi repeater can also be a good option by which we can share our friends wifi even getting caught, Furthermore, the BLE Spoof feature replicates devices. The person with good knowledge can make his own advertisement board where he goes with this one, This tool make network administrators and security manager think twice, ensuring robust network security. It can also used for boring projects like automation, line phollowing robots etc.
Last edited by Angry@u on Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vaibhavsul

I created a soil irrigation system using an ESP8266 that I use daily.

The Smart Irrigation System automatically waters plants based on soil moisture levels. It uses an ESP8266 for Wi-Fi connectivity, an OLED display to show information like humidity and temperature, and a relay to control the water pump. It also sends data to ThingSpeak, allowing me to monitor it from anywhere.

Here are some images of my project and the ThingSpeak dashboard:
Mithilesh

I commonly use the Raspberry Pi and ESP8266 in my IoT projects. The Raspberry Pi is a versatile single-board computer that handles complex tasks, ideal for home automation and data collection, with easy network connectivity and support for Python programming. In contrast, the ESP8266 is a low-cost microcontroller with built-in Wi-Fi, perfect for simpler applications and battery-operated devices. Its small size and ease of programming through the Arduino IDE make it great for smart home devices and sensor networks. Together, they allow me to create robust IoT solutions tailored to my needs.
Robu

Congratulations to Our Tech Geek Challenge Winner!

Dear Participants,

We are thrilled to announce the lucky winner of our Tech Geek question: Everyday IoT: Your Favorites!

Congratulations to Dipanshu! 🎉
Your innovative use of the ESP32 and real-time PID tuning exemplifies your technical prowess and creativity.

As a reward, @Dipanshu will receive 250 robu points. Thank you to everyone who participated and made this competition a success! We kindly request you to share two lines about this accomplishment to inspire fellow enthusiasts in our community!

We hold these weekly competitions, so be prepared to grab the next prize!