RPi Zero 2 W loses internet connection

Ruturaj Mali

Hello,

I'm currently using a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W with Raspberry Pi OS Lite 64-bit (bookworm release) and have updated all packages. I rely on the Pi to continuously fetch information from the internet, so the internet connection must remain stable. Unfortunately, even using a lighter bookworm OS with a fresh installation, my Pi loses internet connectivity, and also the pi has become laggy and choppy to use.

I've encountered this issue with both a WiFi connection and an ethernet connection.

I prefer to continue using bookworm, but I'm unsure how to resolve this issue. Could you please assist me?

Thank you!
_ViR_

I recommend that use bullseyes on raspberry pi Zero or Raspberry pi 2 W,

you said connectivity issue : there may be interference in wifi channel check channel strength and band , in Ethernet check cable(and pin) condition.

you prefer to continue using bookworm: remind you that "Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W" has 1GHz processor and 512MB(LPDDR2) ~400 Hz of ram, you will face lag , choppness using GUI Desktop.

still want to stay in bookworm then remove unnecessary package use minimal desktop and remove unnecessary item from startup.or use CLI version.

PS: i tried every method to run bookworm in Zero/ 2W but not satisfied with performance