Tech Geek question: Arduino-Based Solutions for Everyday Issues

Subscribe to the forum to receive notifications about new posts.
Robu

The lucky winner of Tech Geek's first Question ( Nano Drone Showdown) is @Nawaz

The second question for the Tech Geek competition is,

Describe an Arduino project you worked on to solve a problem in healthcare, agriculture, environmental monitoring, or automation. How did Arduino assist you, and what were the main components used?

We invite you to share your creative and insightful answers to this question. Feel free to include your experiences, images of the projects, component list, challenges, and unique insights if you've built your project.

Submit your answers by Tuesday, September 17th, 2024, in the morning. One lucky winner will be randomly selected to receive 250 Robu Points! We’ll announce the winner the following week. Good luck!

Note: AI-generated answers are not allowed
TanX

Home automation
Well I built my first pc this year and in goa because of humidity and it's wet climate I do face many issues
I used an Arduino Leonard which was bought from robu too!!!
In which I used a humidity sensor along with an oled I2C display too check the humidity levels inside my pc in the same code I implemented the use of arduino's hid library so that I can use an mfrc522 module to scan for know rfid's ( i used cards and keychains - out of which I found both being able to get scanned from the module underneath my table from around 1cm space ) which I than set to send keypresses ( my password and sign me into my pc )
And now I have ordered a ws2812B argb led for bias lighting and for an monitor light bar for my pc
Which too I will connect to my single Leonardo 🙂
If anyone would like the RFID code I'd love to share it on git if required!!!
Good to everyone!!!!!!!! 🌻
kumarsid

I built an Arduino based CPU/GPU monitor for my PC.
I wanted to monitor my PC's temperatures in real time. So I built a hardware monitor using an Arduino and an LED matrix display.

I created a PC app that monitors the PC temperature and sends it to the Arduino over Serial. Then it is displayed using a simple Arduino program.
This let's me keep track of my PC temperature while I'm gaming, without needing to switch programs or extra monitors.

I also made another version of this using an ESP8266, where the display is kept under the display and is connected to the PC wirelessly.

Components used:
1. Arduino Uno, custom made smaller to fit inside PC.
2. LED matrix display module
AKR_6607_res.jpg
IMG_20240210_120220a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shraddha

Hey everyone!

I want to share a project I recently completed that tackles a common challenge in agriculture: water management. In regions where water is scarce, effective irrigation can significantly impact crop yields. To help with this, I developed a Smart Irrigation System using an Arduino UNO to automate and enhance water usage for small-scale farmers.

Farmers frequently depend on traditional techniques to irrigate their crops, which can lead to either insufficient or excessive watering, wasting valuable resources or damaging the plants. An intelligent system that monitors soil conditions and automates the watering process could greatly enhance efficiency and promote healthier crops.

I created an automated irrigation system that detects soil moisture levels and waters the plants as necessary. This system guarantees that crops receive the appropriate amount of water, minimizing waste and enhancing growth.

Main components I used:

1. Arduino UNO ( https://robu.in/product/original-arduino-uno-rev3/ )
2. Soil Moisture Sensor ( https://robu.in/product/waveshare-moisture-sensor/ )
3. DHT11 Sensor ( https://robu.in/product/dfrobot-gravity ... r-arduino/ )
4. Relay Module ( https://robu.in/product/2-channel-isola ... r-dsp-arm/ )
5. Water Pump ( https://robu.in/product/550-diaphragm-p ... flux-pump/ )
6. LCD Display ( https://robu.in/product/lcd-20x4-5v-gre ... e-arduino/ )
7. Power adapter ( https://robu.in/product/pro-range-12v-5a-power-adapter/ )
8. GSM module ( https://robu.in/product/gsm-sim800c-modem-with-antenna/ )

The project was so easier and smooth to develop and execute owing to why Arduino proclaims that people found it useful and the vast support from its community. I was able to read the moisture levels through the sensors using the Arduino programming and activating the relay to water the plant by applying power to the water pump when the soil would be dry. Not only that but the low current consumption of the Arduino chip helped me connect the green energy solution that is the solar panel system, which made the whole system eco-friendly.

Simple data accessed from the DHT11 sensor has enabled me to factor in the temperature and humidity during watering to guarantee it was near perfect. For example, in a warm and dry environment, the device may water more, hence, the plants are protected from dehydration.

The system has been operational for a few months now on a test setup, and it has cut water shortages by a large margin and made plants much healthier. The module of GSM also sends the alerts in case something is wrong with the engine, for example, pump malfunctions or sensor errors.
Mansi

Hello all,

I'd like to share my project where I've implemented "IoT-based agriculture automation" using Arduino and NodeMCU. In my project, I need to interface many sensors along with a display. Due to pin limitations, NodeMCU alone will not fulfill my requirements. Therefore, I have used Arduino as the main controller for controlling all the functions.

Below are some main components used in my project:
1. Arduino UNO
2. ESP8266
3. DHT11
4. Soil moisture sensor
5. PH sensor
6. Motor
7. LCD display

Below is the block diagram which shows the work flow of my project.
Block digram.png
The block diagram illustrates that the Arduino receives input from all the sensors. Subsequently, the Arduino transmits this data to the cloud through the NodeMCU and to the LCD Display. I have utilized ThingSpeak software to access and analyze the sensor data stored on the cloud.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Priyanka Dixit

I have designed an Arduino-based radar system as a prototype to detect both stationary and moving objects. The system operates on an Arduino board and features various performance specifications, along with being adaptable to different sizes.

The main components used in this project include an arduino uno, ultrasonic sensor with a mounting bracket, a servo motor, and connecting cables.

The ultrasonic sensor is employed to measure the distance of objects by emitting ultrasonic waves, which are reflected back upon hitting a target. These reflected waves are then converted into electrical signals. The ultrasonic waves travel at a speed faster than the sound audible to humans.

A servo motor is integrated to control the angular movement of the sensor, allowing for precise rotation.

Additionally, I have constructed a fixture using a mounting bracket to secure the ultrasonic sensor in place for the radar system.
Vaibhavsul

Recently, I purchased the Pro-Range Home Automation kit from Robu.in and started working on a home automation project. This kit offers a user-friendly solution for controlling various home devices via Bluetooth. It includes an Arduino Uno as the central controller, an HC-05 Bluetooth module for wireless communication, relay modules for managing high-power devices like fans and water pumps, and LEDs and buzzers for visual and audible feedback. The project facilitates remote automation of appliances such as fans, buzzers, and water pumps using a smartphone or computer. The Arduino app allows for control through voice commands, keyboard inputs, or buttons. The kit came with a detailed user manual, working code, and step-by-step video instructions for assembly, making it straightforward to set up and customize the system. This comprehensive support ensured an efficient setup and seamless integration of home automation technology.

Pro-Range Home Automation Kit Link :-https://robu.in/product/home-automation ... duino-uno/
Robu

Congratulations to Our Tech Geek Challenge Winner!

Dear Participants,

We are thrilled to announce the lucky winner of our Tech Geek question: Arduino-Based Solutions for Everyday Issues!

Congratulations to Kumarsid! 🎉

Mr. Kumarsid impressed us with their innovative project experience. They have developed a PC app that monitors the PC temperature and sends it to the Arduino over Serial. It is an impressive solution that showcases both technical expertise and creativity.

As a reward, @ will Kumar said receive 250 robu points. Thank you to everyone who participated and made this competition a success!

We hold these competitions every week, so be prepared to grab the next prize!
kumarsid

Robu wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:09 am Congratulations to Our Tech Geek Challenge Winner!

Dear Participants,

We are thrilled to announce the lucky winner of our Tech Geek question: Arduino-Based Solutions for Everyday Issues!

Congratulations to Kumarsid! 🎉

Mr. Kumarsid impressed us with their innovative project experience. They have developed a PC app that monitors the PC temperature and sends it to the Arduino over Serial. It is an impressive solution that showcases both technical expertise and creativity.

As a reward, @ will Kumar said receive 250 robu points. Thank you to everyone who participated and made this competition a success!

We hold these competitions every week, so be prepared to grab the next prize!
Bella308

I worked on an Arduino project aimed at monitoring air quality in my city. I used MQ-135 sensors to measure pollutants and an ESP8266 Wi-Fi module to send data to the cloud. With Arduino, I could easily collect and analyze data in real-time.
Additionally, I created a simple web application to display the results on a map. This allowed residents to see how air quality varied across different parts of the city. The project not only raised awareness about pollution but also helped with local eco-friendly initiatives.