can i Use Relay To automate as kill switch

Subscribe to the forum to receive notifications about new posts.
Pranav8393

so I had plans to make a kill switch for the water pump to stop water from overflowing from the tank which is on the terrace, it is a 3 story bungalow type house

https://robu.in/product/1-channel-isola ... r-dsp-arm/

this is the product I saw and started this plan (attached image)-

a relay switch connected to the AC water pump and on the DC side just a USB power bank to power the relay and an open-ended wire to be used for signaling

the idea is=
there is an open wire situated at the overflow limit of the tank when water reaches the overflow limit water will touch wires and close the circuit (acting as a switch) this switch should trigger the relay and the water pump will stop

will this idea work?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pranav8393

Some updates on this plan
Now Going to use this
https://robu.in/product/2-channel-isola ... r-dsp-arm/

A 2 channel relay with this i can simply automate the water pump using two float switches -
One at the bottom will be for close the circuit (turn on pump)
Second one at the overflow level to open the circuit (turn off pump)
Pranav8393

Can someone please help me with this one

Is this correct?
Will this work ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pranav8393

Final Update

Can Someone From @robu help me with this
will this work together or do I need some other components
Shraddha

Hello Pranav,

Well, your plan to automate the water pump using the Relay Module with two float switches does sound okay and should work for your needs. Now, based on the circuit you shared, here's how it's going to turn out from what I understand so far from all references.

1. 433MHz Transmitter and Receiver Module:
These will wirelessly transmit the signal from the float switches at the water tank to the relay module connected to the pump.
2. Float Switches:
a) Bottom Float Switch: This will be placed at the bottom of the tank to close the circuit and turn on the pump when the water level is low.
b) Top Float Switch: This will be placed at the overflow level to open the circuit and turn off the pump when the water level reaches the maximum.
3. 5V Dual Channel Relay Module:
The relay module will control the pump based on the signals received from the float switches via the 433MHz receiver.

When the water level is low, the bottom float switch will close, sending a signal through the 433MHz transmitter to the receiver, which will then activate the relay to turn on the pump.
As the water level rises and reaches the top float switch, the switch will open, sending another signal to the relay to turn off the pump, preventing the tank from overflowing.

You need to consider few points while setting up the application.
1. Ensure that the 433MHz transmitter and receiver have sufficient range to communicate effectively across the three-story distance.
2. The relay module will need a stable 5V power supply, which you’ve correctly connected via a USB power bank in your diagram.
3. The relay should be able to handle the current drawn by the water pump (a 10A 250V relay should be adequate, but verify that it meets your pump's specifications.)

This will automate the running of the water pump, depending on the level of the water in your tank. The pump will only run when the tank is refilling; hence, there is a saving of water by avoiding its overflow.
Indeed, the circuit appears to be correctly wired for the job, and therefore it should work as is.